11.12.2008

Checking In

It has been a long time since I have posted anything, and that mostly has to do with dealing with a pretty deep depression (which I wrote about here over at JBC.org). Life has been a bit of a roller coaster ride for me since September and I'm only just now feeling like things are leveling out a little bit, so hopefully I'll have some stuff to write about soon. I've felt quite disconnected from a number of things and I'm slowly trying to make those connections active again. I feel quite lucky that I have had an incredible support system during this time, from my best friend who is hundreds of miles away, to a wonderful friend and her family, to my rabbi and temple community, to my friends in California and Atlanta. Together they have provided me love, friendship, and help as I tried (and still try) to make the choices that are good for me. I'm not out of the darkness yet, but the light is easier to see and appears more often.

Life has not stopped in the past couple of months, however. The High Holy Days have come and gone, Hebrew school marches on, I've visited my dear friends in California, and work has been as busy as ever. Each day was a struggle for awhile; it is hard to go about your day to day business and relate to people when you feel so far out of your own skin, but the world around you doesn't stand still just because you want to crawl under the covers.

So, hopefully, this will signal my return to blogging.

1 comment:

Borei Hoshech said...

Hi Jenny,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been struggling with depression.

I read and appreciated your blog post about Judaism and depression at JBC.org, and that I think you might get something out of my blog
on that topic:
http://boreihoshech.wordpress.com. I don't mean to be spammy, but I am hoping to build up a community over there, and would really appreciate your input.

(I could not leave a comment on that blog post itself because I don't have a username there.)

Shavua tov!