11.18.2008

I Am A Latke!

This past Sunday I subbed for the Judaica section of my 4th grade class (the morning is split up into Judaica, which for the 4th grade is Prophets, and Hebrew for grades 4–6). Because of that I got the pleasure of taking them to music where we learned, among other songs, The Latke Song by Debbie Friedman. Now, I am not normally a Debbie Friedman fan (which I believe I've mentioned in my rants about Friday Night Live before), but I think I may have finally found a song of hers that I like. I have had The Latke Song in my head since Sunday and I finally had to go and download it from iTunes to satisfy my craving. I have also sung it to a few co-workers, bouncing along in a way that is not normal for me (I am not a bouncy person on a normal basis, but especially during this prolonged period of non-shiny-happiness).

So, to conclude, I heartily recommend The Latke Song by Debbie Friedman. I downloaded the live version from "Debbie Friedman Live at the Del" as it is significantly less cheesy sounding than the studio version. Click here for a YouTube video (it's a pretty bad video) to hear it.

No comments: